Off To a Good Start!
The start of a new year and new school often brings questions from parents about what to expect. The excitement of it all can even be overwhelming to think about. I would like to start off by welcoming you and your family to our new little community. We are happy that you have decided to join us and entrust us with the care of your child, something we take very seriously. We believe that every child is a unique and special gift.
- Arrival Time is 7:00 AM. Please enter directly at infant room door. The door will be locked. Please knock and the teacher will answer promptly. Mrs. Mcbride and Ms. April Nelson will be there to greet you.
- We ask that all parents remove shoes or apply footies upon entering the building at all times.
- Sign in will be manual for the first few days. Once the electronic sign in kiosk is installed, parents will be notified with instructions on the sign in and out process. Electronic kiosk will be installed Wednesday January 6th.
- Bottles should be placed inside of a zip lock bag labeled with your child’s name and the date on the bag. All bottles, breast milk or formula, should be prepared by the parent. Please inform teachers of your baby’s last feeding time. You can find the full infant needs list here.
- Please insure that all enrollment forms are completed and dropped off upon arrival. We will highlight emergency contact numbers for parents at that time.
Tuition is due upon arrival for the following two weeks of January 4th – 15th. Until our electronic app is fully installed, parents can make tuition payment in the form of a check or credit card. There is an additional 3% charge for credit cards at this time. Once app is installed, tuition will be automatically drafted from your bank account of choice every two weeks. You will be sent invoices and receipts for each payment. You will also have full access to view your account through the app.
The Center will be closed on all federal holidays. Please make note that the center will be closed on Monday January 18th in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday.
Smart Care App and Parent Communications!
Kiddie University is proud to introduce the Smart Care app to our community. The smart care app allows you to stay connected to your child. There are three major benefits of SmartCare for parents: Sign in and Out, Journaling, and Tuition Payments.
We all know that nothing brightens your day more than a photo or video of your child having fun. Now you can get those photos and videos as they happen, and even share them to your Facebook or Twitter feeds. Learn More here.
Parent Communication will also involve bi-monthly newsletters, emails, website updates, and each classroom will have a parent board where notices will be posted.
We look forward to seeing you bright and early tomorrow morning. You will be greeted by Ms. Nelson and Mrs. Mcbride as the opening team at drop off and Ms. Nelson and Mrs. Depeazer as the closing team at pick.
Kiddie University Capitol Hill is currently the management arm of Tender Love child Development Center. However, in the near future, Kiddie University will be the sole operator and manager of the child development center.